Home Building Rates
Home building rates vary quite a lot depending on a few variables. We at Blue Jay Construction commit ourselves to giving you, our client, the best price possible. Construction cost start from R5800 per square meter for single storey homes and R6200 per square meter for double storey homes, depending on the floor area covered, the structure shape, soil conditions and the finishes chosen.
Here are a few things to keep in mind and decide upon before starting with your construction project:
Home finishes costs:
These variable costs include, but are not limited to:
- Kitchen finishes – granite tops, cupboard material, fixed electrical appliances
- Ceiling finishing – smooth plastered, strip joint ceiling board or exposed trusses
- Wall and floor tiling – the cost on tiles per square meter vary quite a lot
- Bathroom sanitary ware – bathtubs, showers, basins and vanity cupboards
- Plumbing – Taps used in bathrooms and kitchen
- Electrical – Light fittings, electrical switchgear and sockets
- Security – Custom made security gates or trellis doors and window burglar bars, security systems
- Paint – Paint quality and colours
- Doors – door frames, internal and external doors and door handles, garage doors
- Window Frames – Aluminium, wood or steel frames
Before choosing and buying a stand, ask your agent about the soil quality on the stand. They should be able to provide you with a geotechnical report that will confirm the soil condition rating. This should for instance not include dolomitic soils as this can lead to huge cost implications for your home foundations and / or costly repairs later on.
Structure shape and floor area covered:
The shape of the structure you are constructing will influence the cost of walling. This can be ascribed to the fact that more square home designs will require less wall coverage. See the below diagram. This shows that you will need more wall to be built for the same area if you have different shapes. Similarly, this is also true when larger areas are covered. Larger areas will require less walling per square meter of floor, which means that you will have less cost per square meter for larger areas.